Wednesday 9 September 2009

09/09: STONE PAINTINGS

A Visitor to the house recently admired my little menagerie of painted stones which I did for fun years ago and which now are scattered round the garden and porch. I'm so used to walking past them every day I don't notice them any more. Anyway, she has contacted me to ask whether I can paint three for her - two based on photos of her deceased cats and one of her daughter's hamster (or it may be a guinea pig - i've forgotten what she said). She wants to place the stones near the graves of her pets in the garden as a memorial. So that will make a nice break from commissioned portraits. Just have to find appropriately shaped stones to work on now. These are a few photos of stones I painted for fun - years ago. The photos don't really do them justice as the stones are varnished and the light reflects off of them.




4 comments:

  1. that rock for the bunny is the perfect shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stones are lovely. I have a couple of books on doing these, but have never taken the time to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys :o)
    Sorry for slow responses but I can only get online very briefly whilst on holiday.
    I'm looking forward to painting more stones .... its been a long time since the last ones and unfortunately I didn't photograph many of them. It will never catch on as a commercial enterprise as the weight of the stones makes postal rates too expensive ... but great fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x