Thursday 14 June 2012

14/06: POWERFUL MESSAGE

I came across this today and make no apologies for sharing it.     

A large proportion of the animal portraits that I undertake are of rescue dogs/cats/horses who have  really 'fallen on their feet' with their new owners/forever homes.

I know there are sad cases where there are genuine reasons for owners having to part company with their pets but there are an awful lot of people out there who think pets are disposable - this certainly brought a lump to my throat


3 comments:

  1. Most of my dogs have been rescue dogs and they have always repaid me a thousand times over with their love, loyalty and affection. A rescue dog will be a wonderful companion for the rest of his/her life. Why buy a pup from a breeder when there are so many sad dogs in rescue centres the world over looking for someone to love?

    Well done Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know I'm an avid fan of rescues and the work they do. The shelters and rescues are full because people think of their pets as "disposable" instead of a lifetime commitment.

    Thanks for posting this, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x