Tuesday 5 June 2012

05/06: CATS AND COOKING STUFF

Well at least I didn't title the blogpost 'that Cooking Fat'  (play on words for those who haven't cottoned on yet) :-)

I thought the cat looked kind of cute, if not happy to be woken from his doze.   Lynne our friend here on Fuerteventura works tirelessly to look after, rehome and neuter the feral and abandoned cats.     Twice a year she helps to round up cats not wearing collars who don't have the identification (tip of ear clipped) and a local vet neuters them.  If the neutered cats can't be homed they live in communities around the holiday complexes and Lynne (Catwoman) takes dry food and water round to 'food stations' at strategic points in the Town.   She's an amazing person and the town doesn't have a probably with skinny, sick cats begging from tourists as a result of her work.



We're going to a Birthday BBQ tomorrow afternoon to which all guests will contribute food and/or drink and as one of our friends is veggie I decided to make some curry puffs - using soya instead of minced meat.   As I've not done this before, and I've had to improvise with some of the ingredients here,  I wanted to do a 'test run' to check they'd be OK.   David was happy to play 'guinea pig' and pronounced them a success .... so I'll be baking another lot tomorrow morning.   Not good for the waistline but very tasty.

Our house smells like an Indian Restaurant now (but I'm not complaining as I love curry)!!

all thats left from this morning's baking session:

3 comments:

  1. those look really good :D

    i really wish more people would neuter their cats around here, way too many stray cats and they wreck havok on the wildlife around here :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad there are people like your Lynne - give her a hug and a big thumbs up from me!

    My mouth is watering at the thought of your curry puffs as they look absolutely delicious! Any chance of getting the recipe? I'll beg if necessary! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tasted curry but those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x