Wednesday 29 June 2011

29/06: A PORTRAIT OF ANGEL

I had intended to post some Carnival photos tonight but I'm tired ...... on Wednesdays David and I work as volunteers  at the eBay office of the Pilgrims Hospice Charity (actually David works there Wednesdays and Fridays).     There are 23 Pilgrims Hospice Charity shops in Kent, staffed by volunteers, selling items donated by the public to help fund the £9million required annually to run 3 Hospices.    Items in the charity shops tend to be sold at low prices so shop volunteers are encouraged to identify 'better quality' goods which can be marketed to a worldwide audience via eBay.   That's where we come in .... at the eBay office we photograph,  describe and list the items and usually realise much better prices for the charity than can be achieved in the shops.    Its interesting and great fun - and of course its for a brilliant cause.   It is quite intensive and tiring though as its essential to ensure we don't list 'fake' items or faulty goods etc.

Anyway, here's a photo of a portrait I completed recently of a beautiful German Shepherd belonging to Maria from Casa Manolo's restaurant in Corralejo, Fuerteventura.  The dog's  name is Angel (pronounced ahn-hel in Spanish) and is Maria's 'baby'


He was completed in pastels on Fisher 400 sanded paper.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely portrait Sue. The eyes just glows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Sue. Love it. The eyes sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such a fabulous portrait Sue - I love how you have done the coat. I bet this one took a while to do, with all those individual hairs and highlights!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I loved working on this portrait as I've had the pleasure of getting to know Angel and he is a fantastic character. He and his owner Maria are devoted to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x