Wednesday 13 February 2019

13/2: WIP Grey Man from Lyon

Managed to get another half day to work on this CP portrait as I'd love to get it finished before the weekend

I added more layers to his hat to darken the grey colour.    I then worked more on his skintones and although it may not be obvious there are about 8 more layers of colour laid down (very gently with a sharp pointed pencil).

The great thing about WIP photos is that they show up errors that aren't always obvious to the naked eye ... in this case I saw that his right eye (left as we look at it) was much paler than the other one.

Then I got bored with skintones and moved onto his jacket/jumper:

again the light was poor today so the white paper has photographed with a very grey tinge



Next update:

I photographed this in a different room so now I have a 'pink' cast to the photo .... oh well!

I've added a suggestion of knitted pattern to his jacket





I do need to go back to work on his skin/beard ... but reasonably happy with progress so far.


6 comments:

  1. This is a nice picture Sue, you like old men with beards don't you? You portray them very well. I get the feeling I would love to get to know this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the knitted pattern is a good touch to the portrait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo. Yep (I'm married to one)! Seriously David isn't that old or that hairy but he does have a beard.

    Yes, I seem to be attracted to this kind of character - he seemed to be a permanent fixture as lots of people stopped to chat to him or bring him hot drinks. I wonder if he's still there as we haven't been to Lyon for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is coming along so well, Sue! It looks very, very close to being finished so you should make your weekend deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work!!! Love his hat!!! I can see the stitching!!!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x