Tuesday 29 May 2012

29/05: CHECKING IN FROM FUERTEVENTURA

I'd planned to write a blogpost or two in the week leading up to our departure - but as usual life got in the way and I ran out of time.  I always have to do a last minute house clean before we leave so the 'house-sitter's' don't think I'm a slob LOL

So we left home in the very early hours of Sunday morning, landed in Fuerte at 11am, collected our hire car and did the 'heavy' shopping en route to our house.  We managed to open up the house, clear away the shopping and have David sat in front of the TV in time to see the start of the Monaco Grand Prix  which started at 1pm.

The weather is wonderful here ..... although it was also pretty good when we left Kent at the weekend.  

I realise its a long time since I showed new artwork.  Partly because I had a couple I can't show and partly because I was working on ideas for possible submissions to exhibitions.    I have some potential entries almost ready to meet the 7 July deadline for the UK coloured pencil society which runs for a month at Nuneaton later this year.  Unfortunately, the WIP pics haven't been backed up onto this travel computer so I'll have to wait till I'm back to reveal all :-) 

In the meantime here's a photo of my Grand-daughter I took on Saturday.  She is growing at a great rate of knots ... and showing she knows the importance of wearing a sunhat and sun cream to protect that delicate skin!!    She's 19 months going on 3 years old I think!!



I have my camera with me in Fuerte so hope to find some interesting things to photograph whilst here .....

It is Canarias Day tomorrow when the locals and particularly the schoolchildren dress up in typical Canarian costume.  It is a public holiday and there will be lots of mini celebrations going on around town.   It was great at the local supermarket this morning as there were plates full of 'tasters' of local cheeses, breads etc laid out so we could sample them as we shopped.   Goats cheese is the main industry on this island (apart from tourism).      

1 comment:

  1. Your granddaughter is so pretty - don't you know she's gonna break a lot of hearts when she's older!

    Glad you made it to Fuerte and are settling in. Enjoy your visit and hope you find lots of things to photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x