Friday 18 December 2009

18/12: ANIMATIONS .... AND LACK OF SNOW

Given the BBCs severe weather warnings for Kent, I was very disappointed when I looked out of the window at 6am this morning to find that I could still see the grass outside - looked as though it had been lightly dusted with icing sugar ... so any thoughts of wandering down to take photos of pretty snow beach scenes went by the board .... and I went back to bed!

We live close to the sea and that seems to protect us from snow.  My friend who lives just 20 mins drive away reports 8 to 12 inches of the white stuff at her home.     David (hubby) works for a charity and had to make a visit to an elderly client this morning so, anticipating poor weather conditions, he stocked the car with bottled water, a ginger cake and a packet of crisps.   His reasoning was that he could be stuck in snow for hours (but anybody who knows David will know that he likes his food and this was as good an excuse as any)!!

So ... no pretty snow scenes, and I haven't any more commissions I can show - so on to Plan B:

That lovely man Dave (Sevenoaksart.co.uk) animated a couple of my pictures for me
Clever or what?





I've sent 4 of my graphite 'celeb' portraits to Dave. He will find ways to animate them and display them on his site. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. This is one of the 'victims'


6 comments:

  1. It was the same in my bit of Surrey, I planned to get some shots for next years xmas cards in Richmond park, very poor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess those poor commuters who have been stranded in their cars for hours wouldn't understand our disappointment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got snow but I've been stuck indoors painting and waiting for a parcel that didn't arrive (thanks to the weather!)
    What a clever friend you have there...... those animations are brlliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm driving up to Bexley tomorrow morning to see the Mums, deliver the last Xmas commission and meet with the farrier who is trimming Roxy's hooves so I hope the roads are all passable by then.

    I didn't 'know' Dave from Sevenoaksart till last week when I stumbled across his site (free animations) and got into 'conversation' ... I'm sure he won't mind me telling you that he has just come out of hospital after emergency treatment for a clot on the lungs (he has published a thank you to Maidstone Hospital on his site) and he tells me his wife Dot is now allowing him to spend a little more time at the computer ... so he is going to use some of my portraits to make animations which will be freely available on his site ... suits us both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you didn't get the snow you wanted - I always say that the snow should fall on those who like it and leave the rest of us alone! I had too much of it growing so am not a fan of it at all. We did get a bit here yesterday though but it turned to rain and melted away.

    Dave is remarkable with the animations and your art looks very good!

    I wish him a speedy recovery and I wish you your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan

    Well I saw plenty of the white stuff today. We visited Mum and Mum-in-Law, delivered the last Xmas commission and then went to the stables where Roxy was having her regular hoof trim by the farrier.

    Apart from our little Section, the County of Kent was really blanketed in the white stuff ... but I forgot to take my camera with me! I love fresh snow but hate it when it turns to slush and ice and hangs around for too long :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x