Sunday 16 August 2009

16/08: Schnauzer finished

Well I put the finishing touches to Molly today and sent scans for approval to the clients. Just heard back that they love it ... so another one done and dusted ... phew! Always a relief to get approval isn't it!

I've put the pastels away and cleaned my work area ready to tackle a couple of graphite commissions next. Amazing how far pastel dust travels :o)

This picture shows the colours more accurately than the close up



My camera has focussed to much on the blue tones in Molly's fur with this close up ... but disappointingly it doesn't really show up all the colours in her eyes - I used yellows, greens, blues and brown in addition to the obvious black and white - to achieve the glassy sheen that schnauzer eyes have. Never mind, I hope you like her -she was such fun to draw.




6 comments:

  1. well done Sue another one in the bag~ bonus that you enjoyed working on it so much too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eyes are gorgeous :D and the fur look exactly like a Schnauzer's should (I had to groom dozens and dozens of them, some better dogs then others lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous portrait Sue, no wonder they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so gorgeous! You just did a great job on her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous - that fur looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much ladies - isn't it lovely when you get a subject that you really enjoy drawing - this was definitely one of those subjects :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x