Monday 23 April 2012

23/04: WETTEST DROUGHT I'VE EVER KNOWN!!

OK - after weeks away from Blogging my first post is a complaint about the weather!!  I must be a True Brit!!

Hosepipe bans have been imposed on many parts of the UK and here in Kent we're told the ban will probably be in place all year.  So we decided not to grow as many vegetables as usual this year, and not to grow/plant bedding/border plants and hanging baskets/tubs.     It has done nothing but rain here for more than a week (with the odd thunderstorm/hailstorm thrown in for good measure!!

I've seen more rainbows this past week than I remember seeing in several years - yesterday:


photographed in our garden yesterday ... just look at the filthy colour of the sky!

and then hailstones yesterday - not a great pic but these are lumps of ice landing in the grass (which incidentally was mowed a week ago but is just loving all this 'wet stuff' and growing at a great rate of knots ..

 
anyway, I know I've been quiet on the Blog front for a while - we have been very busy with projects (arty and non-arty) but should be back to normal fairly soon.     Off to Belgium/Holland tomorrow so will catch up soon.

 

5 comments:

  1. So great to see you blogging again but where's the art! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. no water ban up here, and it has been raining almost every day for 3 weeks :/ rain, hail, sleet, snow in the mountains....driving me insane as i want to ride my bike! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease. One post and off again. lol I don't like when you are gone. I miss your daily posts. Hurry back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful rainbow, Sue...I agree with JeanneG and look forward to your next post!! we miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x