Tuesday 27 September 2011

27/09: GOLDEN RETRIEVER FINISHED

Sorry I haven't had time to post Work in Progress pictures but this portrait of 'Daisy' has been finished, approved and will be in the post tomorrow.   I have complete two portraits previously for this client and its always lovely to welcome 'returning clients'.    This portrait was based on a reference photo taken looking down on Daisy so much more of her back/body was visible above her head .. but I've omitted/downplayed much of the body to focus more on her face.    The ref photo was very sun bleached but I was provided with other supporting ref photos which helped with finer detail:

This was completed in pastel on Fisher 400 paper but photographed in artificial light which has 'drained' the colour a little.



I have outlined 2 dogs and will probably add a third which I'll make a start on before we go on holiday (Monday).    All three are predominantly black dogs.   One is a black labrador but the other two breeds I had to Google to learn more about when I was first asked to portray them.   All will be revealed over the coming weeks!!    I'm so looking forward to getting to grips with them.

4 comments:

  1. So cute Sue, I have always had Golden Retrievers so they have the aah factor for me. Do you use pastel on the background with Fisher 400?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sue, so soft, captures the nature of these lovely dogs. I like the paper choice too, completes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. She looks like such a sweet little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola: te escribo este comentario para decirte que tienes un blog genial, lleno de buenos e interesantes datos.

    Quiero, si me lo permites, compartir contigo y tus lectores más información sobre la raza de perro Golden Retriever y un video del Golden Retriever.

    Espero que te guste mi blog de mascotas y dejame un comentario si te apetece

    Saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x