Saturday 12 June 2010

12/06: SATURDAY LIE IN and PARTY TIME!


This is the first Saturday in months that we haven't had to be up early - traditionally I drop David off at the Tenpin Bowling centre (1 hour drive away) where he teaches a Saturday kids club - I then visit my (retired) horse - collect David at midday and we visit our respective Mums.

We're breaking with tradition today and it was great to have a Saturday lie in!!  

We're getting together with the 'old crowd' later this afternoon at a friend's house - fingers crossed the weather will be kind as I think she may be planning on a BBQ.   Really looking forward to it.  We've all known each other for years - initially through our horses - but its the sort of friendship where we often don't see each other for months but can just pick up where we left off each time - albeit with a few more wrinkles and ailments to discuss :o(

4 of us have birthdays within a week of each other so its a multi-celebration:


Hope you all have a good weekend too

6 comments:

  1. Liking the new look Sue!
    Sounds like you will have a lovely weekend, time to let your hair down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay - so the 'new look' blog appears OK on your computer then?

    We had a brilliant afternoon/evening but feeling a little 'tired' this morning :o) Off to visit Richard this afternoon so no time for art today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been one busy woman lately! I just haven't had time to keep up with my blog nor read others so I've really missed some neat posts here!

    Hope you're recovered from your weekend and ready to post some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan

    I'm absolutely shattered to tell you the truth ... I've only been able to do an hour on the labrador today, but will catch up tomorrow.

    We aren't visiting Richard again till Wednesday afternoon and going straight from the hospital to my best friend's house - its her 50th (she's the youngest in our crowd so I need to tease her a bit about reaching her half-century) We're going out for a meal to celebrate in the evening.

    On Thursday we are doing a quick 'hop' over to France to stock up on 'essential supplies' .. keep us going through the Summer BBQ season!

    Cheers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend Sue. and oh isn't a lie in great.
    Happy belated Birthday. I hope you had a great weekend.
    Love the cat... the tapping foot makes me laugh. hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dors

    Its not my birthday till Sunday (20th) I'm the last of the four birthdays .... david and I will be visiting Richard in hospital but will go out for a birthday meal afterwards. It isn't a 'special' birthday and I'd just as soon not count them anymore .... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x