Monday 25 March 2013

25/03: RAT -A- TWO- EEE

Sorry about that!

I accompanied David and Steve (local singer) round the 9 hole golf course on Saturday just spectating, learning the language(!) and keeping the scorecard.     David is playing again today but this time its an 18 hole session (they have two flags/holes instead of one and play the course twice .. or something like that).  Anyway, as its a more serious game spectators/walkers aren't permitted so I stayed home being productive.

I've sanded down and varnished the front door and frame - looks 100% better now.   I wish I'd done it a couple of years back as the sun bleached/faded wood looked very sad.    Then I made some individual strawberry/raspberry/ginger sponges to take to a friend's tonight.  He is cooking a curry banquet for a few of us and I'm doing the puddings

On Saturday at the clubhouse I was pleased to see my little friend Ratty again





and when he realised I had biscuits on offer  .... he brought a friend to share the goodies







Difficult photographing them as they were coming out from the dark rocks with the sun behind them .... apologies to my rat-phobic Blogger friends but I do think these are cute - just look at those wonderful whiskers.

I agree with Jan's comments though (previous post) and wouldn't actually want them near my house but I enjoy watching their antics here at the golf course.


6 comments:

  1. Sue, I am like you and think rats are cute. Although I don't think I'd want wild rats around my home either, the disease and pests they can carry are not different than what a "cute" squirrel could bring. Domesticated rats I have kept for ages and they make the sweetest and smartest pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I do think they're cute and they have to be smart as they've managed to thrive in some of the most adverse conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these two look cute, but I don't think I would want them anywhere near where I lived. Disease from rats, or at least the fleas they carry, can be pretty serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rats, nice photographs. I've been using rats a lot in my paintings lately.... I expect to see some from you soon Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have folders full of photos of squirrels, chipmunks and now rats .... you're right Peter, I should do something with them just have to decide on a favourite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have folders full of photos of squirrels, chipmunks and now rats .... you're right Peter, I should do something with them just have to decide on a favourite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x