Tuesday 25 June 2013

25/06: DOGGY UPDATES

I seem to have too many photos and things to Blog about ... but then run out of time/space.    So for tonight, here's a quick and simple update on the two pastel dog portraits I've been working on

This is Scout ( a lady dog, despite the name) and she is intended as a house-warming present for a friend of my client in Singapore.   This is pastels on Fisher 400 sanded paper



and how it will look in a cream coloured double mount



I've emailed these photos to my client so just waiting to hear if any amendments are needed.

and a little more work on the Springer Spaniel.    The colour looks more orange in this photo than in real life, but I will be doing lots more work on the fur and the ears in particular so I'm not too worried about the colour accuracy at this stage




When my Grand-daughter was here at the weekend she spotted her portrait on my studio wall.  It was a drawing done as an experiment when I first tried using coloured pencils on Clairefontaine Pastelmat ... Sophie recognised herself (at approx 18 months old)  and so the picture is now hers .... her Mum and Dad have to find a suitable spot at home to hang it :-)

I just liked her expression as she looked back over her shoulder at the camera when I called her name.   She has amazing blue eyes!


She is now nearly 3 years old and looks quite different so time for an update perhaps?

OK ... that's it for tonight.





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! The dog portraits are beautiful but that portrait of Sophie Louise is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan

    Sophie-Louise is very photogenic .. and loves posing for the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I would have wanted to part with that picture of Sophie Louise. It's quite lovely. You have some nice pix of her now though so you can do an update.

    Dogs looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Sue!! the dog portraits are amazing!!! Your doing such a great job with them.....and Oh my gosh..
    Sophie is absolutely gorgeous!! and you did a wonderful portrait of her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! Great work as always and love to see our work in progress. Hugs from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hilda. Like you, I now have a ready source of material for 'child' portraits in the family as Sophie does like to pose :-)

    Thank you Colette. Haven't 'seen' you for a little while so hope all is well and you are producing lots of beautiful work ... will go away and check now. Hugs back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Votre art est si beau... Je suis sans voix!
    Félicitations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci Beaucoup. Vous etes tres gentille Olivier :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x