Sunday 26 December 2010

26/12: RELAXATION TIME!

We've just taken my Mum home - the last of our Christmas Guests to leave - and visited Roxy (my horse) then dropped a birthday card into a friend's home - his birthday is tomorrow so we couldn't trust Royal Mail to deliver the card on time given the Christmas chaos and backlog due to snowy conditions.

So .... time to chill out, put our feet up and relax without having to worry about entertaining guests!

Hope you all had (and are continuing to have) an enjoyable holiday.

Here's a photo of the youngest member of our family enjoying the festivities .... Sophie Louise at 8 weeks old - flat on her back and enjoying a good old kick and wriggle on her mat



Grandad (David) has already figured out that she'll be old enough to appreciate a train set next Christmas!!

Tomorrow I need to get back to the drawing board .... I have a yellow labrador next in the schedule, and I must crack on with various jobs I need to undertake for the UK Coloured Pencil Society.    There is a major exhibition/celebration planned for September and its time to let everybody know what will be happening.  

7 comments:

  1. Same here Sue , its been a whirlwind here for the last few days and now all the relatives, kids and grandkids have left the building its time for me,hubby and three exhausted animals to relax and wind down in front of the log burner ahh bliss!
    Like you, tommorrow its back to the easel as I have several paintings on the go, a couple of which are overdue commissions so the phone is coming off the hook and the doorbell will be disconnected for the day :-)
    Enjoy your peaceful evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue do you feel like you are witnessing the beginning of the next ICE AGE over there? I just can not believe how much snow the UK has had! Our friends in Banchory Scotland sent photos and I could not believe it! I hope it did not play havoc with all your commissions and mailings. We have been lucky with fairly nice weather for this time of year so far. Take care and have a happy and prospirous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great time and Sophie is adorable. I enjoyed being with my nephew's daughter too. She is 15 months old and just the age it's fun to watch her be her busy little self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oldest family member here was 92 and the youngest 8 weeks old so its always difficult trying to keep everybody happy :o)

    The snow has almost gone now - but what remains is very icy and slippery. We're in the South East UK so haven't had as much snow as our Northern neighbours ... I hand delivered the last two Christmas portraits as they were both within an hour's drive away ... so no real problems.

    Glad you managed to enjoy some of the festivities Jeanne - having a little person around keeps you busy doesn't it ... I know this was a particularly difficult one for you - wishing you all the best for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snow falling on your page.

    Have a great rest of the festive season. Looking forward to seeing what you produce in 2011. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Keith ... Happy New Year to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it through the festivities, Sue!

    The little one is absolutely precious - so bright and alert looking for one so young.

    We got dumped on with snow and cold and while it usually melts within a day, this is holding on. Ugh! I'd consider moving further south but they're getting a lot of cold also. Glad your snow is on the way out!

    Now let's all get back to work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x