Sunday 23 August 2009

23/08: Christmas commissions

I have been amazed at the steady flow of commission work I've received this year so far. With all the doom and gloom and publicity about the credit crunch etc., I really didn't expect to be kept in full time work with commissions ... sometimes its really nice to be proved wrong of course :o)

I will be taking a holiday in September and won't be undertaking any commissions for 3 whole weeks - just going to chill out and recharge the batteries ready for the Xmas rush. bliss!


Last year I closed my Xmas order book in early October and already this year I have received orders which will keep me fully booked up through October and November. I was quite excited at first with the double horse, Spaniel, then staffy commissions, as I always prefer the furry subjects :o). then got the double child and 3 child portraits in graphite .... I know I shouldn't really have favourites but I do like the four legged subjects best !! But I'm really not complaining ... I just love to draw!


will post again tomorrow with early pictures of my latest horse commission, but am off now to enjoy a large glass of cold white wine .... cheers !!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when we get commissions that we don't really expect? You're so good at what you do that it's no wonder you stay so busy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x