Wednesday 7 August 2019

Back at the drawing Board - at last

With the tragic and unexpected loss of our Son-in-Law last Autumn we've been needed for help with grandchild minding during the school holidays as Daughter is working 4 days per week in London.

We've also had a few days break visiting Yorkshire where I took my entry to the UKCPS Annual International Exhibition (along with pictures from other artists in the South of England who couldn't make the trip to hand their own pictures in).

The Exhibition runs until 5 September so if anybody is in the area of Richmond, N. Yorkshire its well worth a visit and the 'The Station' is a really nice venue with lovely tea shops and artisan foods on offer.

Anyway, I've not had much time for art or for Blogging but ....  back to the dogs I've been working on.

The owner of the Golden Retriever asked me to change the ear from how it appeared in the photo (folded back) and to 'flatten' it out a bit ... not easy to do but I did my best to oblige.   This was the final version which was approved and despatched.



The owner of the chocolate lab asked me to make the dogs eyes a little more 'amber' as the ref. photos had been taken indoors and made the eyes look 'greener'.     I'm awaiting feedback but hopefully this one will be wending its way shortly.   The owner told me he is extremely busy with work at the moment so I'm not too worried about the delay in getting his feedback.

Once I know the eyes are OK I'll add the final whiskers and call it finished.   I have muted the background colour down a tad.



and I have one more dog to work on now.   Again, not the best ref. photos but this REALLY is the last time I'll work from poor pictures.    I think the problem is that a lot of the photos are being taken on mobile phones and downsized on FB/Instagram so when I try to zoom in to see more detail the pictures just pixelate out ...

I'm about to start on a Boxer/cross type ... will update in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x