Friday 19 July 2019

19/07: DOG PORTRAITS - UPDATES

I received a few more photos showing the Golden Retrievers mouth and it seems even when he's 'smiling' he doesn't show much tooth so I've just added a suggestion of a canine.

I've emailed this photo to my client so 'fingers crossed' if its approved I can call it finished and sign it off.



A little more work has been done on the labrador and this is where I'm at this morning:

In good daylight the background pastelmat colour is quite nice ... but in poor/artificial light it becomes quite garish so I am going to tone it down a little with a very simple background.   I'm going to email this to the client now before going any further to make sure he's happy so far


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, looks great with your commissions, even references aren't the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. def got that cute/sad I'm starving look done right that all Labs have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo busy, busy Sue? Love the Golden, they are such photogenic dogs. I like the warm sunny feel in your colour choice. The Lab is looking good too, such sad eyes. Look forward to seeing him finished. Are both of these done in pastel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thanks for visiting/commenting.

    Sorry we've been on 'grand-parenting' duties so haven't had much computer time.

    Thanks Lene. Poor references are 'the pits' aren't they. Its taken me so much longer to complete these than normal as I keep doubting myself.

    Hi Jennifer. Yep, Labs do that 'look' so well don't they?

    Hi Bev. Yes these are both done in pastel. With the refs being 'not the best' I think pastel is the best medium (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x