Monday 26 August 2019

26/08: Zebras

I persevered a bit longer with this one although I really am struggling with the surface of this White Pastelmat - its much more 'grainy' than the other colours for some reason and doesn't take pencil very well.

I've resorted to using creamier pencils (Derwent Coloursoft and Prismacolors) to overcome the problems so I will now give it a spray of fixative to prevent the dreaded wax bloom which can occur when using the more waxy pencils.

This is definitely the stopping point now till we're back from our travels ... then I'll look at it with fresh eyes and see if I want to finish it



4 comments:

  1. Oh Sue!!! This is finished SO beautifully. I tried to post a comment but it didn't go through, so hopefully this time it will because...WOW..you need to know how I feel about this. LOVE that baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done so far Sue. It's a fun picture. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everybody. Apologies for delay in publishing your lovely comments but I've not had a working computer .... Long story but hopefully all up and running again now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x