Thursday 8 August 2019

08/08: LABRADOR APPROVED AND START OF NEW PORTRAIT

Yeeay ... just got an email from the owner of the Chocolate Lab who says 'Another Masterpiece, its excellent thank you'

So I'm very chuffed about that and the portrait will be wending its way to my client shortly.

I made a start on the Boxer/Cross dog yesterday and here's the first WIP

I'm working with pastels on light grey Clairefontaine Pastelmat card



I did a bit more work today but not as much as I'd intended. 

We've had scores of feathered visitors to our garden today, on the feeders and in the various water containers I put out for them.   I spent far too long watching/photographing them instead of working.

When I did pick up the pastels I found myself 'flitting' around the drawing which is usually a sign that I should stop as I'm getting bored and not concentrating.     So this is where I finished ...


He's beginning to take shape and once I've got a decent base down I can add more detail and refine it.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good Sue. You are keeping busy with commissions.....wish I was :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev. For personal reasons I stopped taking on commissions at the end of last year. These are returning clients who said they'd be prepared to wait for a few months so I'm a bit out of practice! I'm not actively seeking work though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x