Thursday 15 August 2019

15/08: Leopard finished(?)

This sleeping leopard is one that David and I photographed in Kenya 2 months ago.   We have several photos from different angles but the leopard stayed firmly asleep throughout.     It was high up in a tree and there were lots of branches/twigs leaves in the background - many of which were casting shadows/areas of bright light on the leopard.

I decided to omit most of the greenery and so I also had to take out lots of the shadows  but I'm reasonably happy with the outcome as I really don't like adding backgrounds ..

I'm calling this finished - I'll frame it over the weekend and it'll be ready for exhibition at the end of the month.



and with a mount laid loosely on top to ensure it will still fit the frame I've selected





2 comments:

  1. Lovely Sue, he looks as if he had a really heavy night, sleeping off the hangover!!! Good luck with the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev. Its something quite different to the work I normally submit to this exhibition so we'll see how it goes. Generally I've been successful with portraits (human and pet) .. fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x