Tuesday 28 July 2009

28/07: First Post


I cannot believe it has taken me a whole afternoon to achieve what a 5 year old could probably do in 10 minutes - I am a real technophobe but determined to become a 'blogger' and keep it (reasonably) up to date .....

I'm going to try to add a few new bits every day until I'm more confident with blogging and then will hopefully will be able to link with other 'arty bloggers' as there are so many out there whose work I admire.


In the meantime, here are some of the commissions I've completed in the last few weeks:


This is Gizmo, a beautiful rescue cat who was commissioned as a surprise present for my client's 35th birthday - She was an absolute pleasure to paint (in pastel). This was my first attempt at using pastels on Fisher 400 paper - the background was coloured with watercolours - a medium I'm not very au fait with, but in this instance I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x