Wednesday 29 August 2012

29/08: SPOT THE IMPOSTER

We try not to have too many pictures and ornaments in our holiday home for ease of cleaning etc but over the 8 years we've had this place I seem to have built up a theme of geckos ...  I have several 'climbing' around the garden walls




magnetic metal ones on the hot water boiler ....


and lots more scattered around -including this one on the tea light holder (this wasn't a local gecko objet d'art - this was a present from my friend Jenni and comes all the way from Costa Rica but fits in well with all the others:


and here's the imposter ..... spotted on the garden wall last night he was obviously pretending to be a garden ornament but waiting for bugs to be attracted to the wall light for his supper.    Cute isn't he/she???







He'd had enough of me and the flash at this stage and took off at a great rate of knots.



5 comments:

  1. I love these guys Sue. We had them all over the place in Kenya, they used to fight and fall off the ceiling onto our laps while we were watching TV or reading in the evenings. I really like your wall ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in Singapore there were lizards in the apartment - I had a favourite called Larry the Lounge Lizard (well that was my name for him - I don't know what his real name was) LOL

    Out here I've never seen one indoors. We tend to see more of the 'skinny' ones on the beach path but this one is much fatter and prettier .... I love them and they keep the bug population down so always welcome here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we had a home in North Carolina we used to get lots of anoles and skinks around our yard. Never found one in the house, wouldn't have been too enthusiastic about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww he/she is cute :D i love their eyes :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x