Tuesday, 9 February 2010

09/02: CAT IN COLOURED PENCILS - PROGRESS

Whilst waiting for my client's feedback re. the young boy's portrait, I spent a little more time working on the cat picture. I find it very therapeutic having a few pieces like this in the background so I can pick them up as and when I have time to work on them. I didn't want to clear the coloured pencils away in favour of pastels till I knew whether more work was required on Elliott's picture.

I was ridiculously indecisive about the colour and style of the cushion here. The 'real' cushion pad (from my 'studio' chair) is a chequered pattern in pastel colours - but I didn't want to draw anything that complicated. In the end I settled for this ..... still not sure if the cat will remain as a sandy/ginger colour but that's the beauty of a 'fun' piece ... I'll just play it by ear.



I had an email tonight from the lady who is owned by Molly and Meg (the two lovely spaniels I wrote about recently). I'm pleased to confirm that I have made a start on the portrait of Meg and will be posting some progress pictures tomorrow.

It always surprises me when I learn that people actually read my blog .... and I thought I was just talking to myself all this time !!!

8 comments:

Dors said...

Lovely cat ..wow those eyes and the fur looks so soft and cudley.

You are never talking to yourself here Sue... I read every word.. always very interesting.
Looking forward to seeing the start of Molly and Meg.

Loved following your story while away at your home in the Canaries.

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

This is coming along beautifully Sue, tempts me to try a CP of Maisie, would be nice to have something to work on in between more stressful assignments ;-) I am just starting to enjoy the CP's still not sure I'm doing it right though !

Vic said...

Your cat pic is coming along a treat Sue....I like the colours alot and think it suits very well.

sue said...

Thanks ladies :o) I've been having fun with this one making it up as I go along. It will be at least a couple of weeks before I can do any more to it - so the cat could change colour again next month . Watch this space!!

Teresa said...

Beautiful! I really like the way the green background draws you to the green eyes.

sam said...

Looking great Sue, adorable face.

sue said...

Thanks Teresa and Sam :o)

Not quite sure where this one is going yet (if anywhere) but I'm enjoying 'playing'

"JeanneG" said...

Love those eyes and yes we are here even if we don't post.