Well, it may not lie exactly but it can certainly distort the truth.
I made some adjustments to the current portrait and had hoped to scan it to send to my client. That would have meant scanning in several sections and stitching as my scanner is only A4 sized but a Blogger friend had recommended some free stitching programmes to try (thanks Jan). Unfortunately, David was out for the day and had taken his computer with him. Our printer/scanner links to his computer - mine won't talk to it (you know how it is sometimes with technology).
So I photographed the portrait using various settings on the camera. This is the version closest to the original - but it is too grey
the paper is much brighter than this but when I tried to artificially whiten it the picture looked a bit weird - almost 3D
I photographed it using the monochrome setting but that wasn't right either - too harsh
and when I left the camera to its own devices to make its own setting selection I got this ....
which is all part of the learning curve with my new(ish) camera of course, but frustrating when trying to send an accurate image to clients
Anyway, I'm pleased to say that the portrait has been approved so just a case of tidying and signing it and giving it a light spray of fixative then it can be mounted/matted and mailed .... I've enjoyed this one - nice to work without colour now and then.