Sunday 12 August 2018

12/08 ... Sunset Lounge Man

Since my last post ( a long time ago ) we've been to Kenya and also to our home on Fuerteventura with my brother as our guest following the death of his wife (my Sister in Law).    Life has been a bit 'full-on' so I've not had much time for art but now I need to get my backside into gear as exhibition deadlines are looming.

I have a couple of commissions to undertake in the next few weeks but always at the back of my mind is the need to get some coloured pencil works done.    I've been a member of the UK Coloured Pencil Society for around 13 years.   I've had work accepted into every International Exhibition for 12 years (one year I didn't have any work to submit) so I have earned Gold Status but would really like to get to Platinum status - work accepted into the Annual International Exhibition on 15 different occasions.   Just 3 more to go.

We celebrated my 60th birthday in Kenya this year (June) and I have thousands of photos in my reference files but I think most are suited to pastels rather than coloured pencils so I've fallen back on 'human' portraits for my cps.

This is a lovely guy we encountered in July in Corralejo, Fuerteventura.    We took my brother to a beach bar near our house to listen to a fabulous saxophonist who plays every Friday afternoon - she is stunningly beautiful and manages to play and dance (in heels) on the sandy beach.     As we were watching/listening to her performance this guy came up and started dancing with her.    He has a wonderful smiley face (and dances beautifully) so couldn't resist photographing him (with permission).

I gave up with this halfway through as I couldn't get it past the 'ugly stage' but now I've had a few days break from it I intend to go back and refine it. 

His name is Thierry.   He is portrayed in pure coloured pencil on white pastelmat.


1 comment:

  1. He does have an interesting face, Sue. So glad to see you painting again!

    Happy belated birthday from me too. Hope it was a good one! I'm sure it was since you were in Kenya on a dream vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x