Sunday 28 June 2015

STUFF ... A Title I use when I can't think of anything else!!

Well, Mum-in-Law's funeral is tomorrow and I think we're on top of everything - I've ploughed through dozens of photos and enhanced the best of them (some are 80+ years old) so we'll have a slideshow of photos showing throughout the service.   We've worked out an 'order of service' and printed out the schedule with words to the hymns etc ... so we just need to relax tonight ready for the service which is going to be very emotive.


I  have some pictures in a local exhibition and David & I  had to 'steward' at the gallery yesterday between 12 and 3pm.     No sales for me yet, but I've had some wonderful feedback from visitors as I'm the only coloured pencil artist in the exhibition so people are curious about the technique.

Whilst stewarding, I worked on the graphite drawing I started on Thursday of another RAF officer.    This one is Wing Commander of the Squadron Crew I'm portraying (so he's the Boss)!!   It needs more work but I've just emailed to ask for critique so far so I'll know how much tweaking needs to be done

This is where the portrait 'is at' now

They are all going to be head, shoulders and chest portraits as its important to show the RAF 'Wings' and Ribbons in each case ..

They will all be A4 sized, graphite on Mellotex Paper




and a couple of WIP pics along the way





8 comments:

  1. I'm sure this time has been exhausting for you and David. My sympathies to both of you. It sounds as if you're well prepared for tomorrow and I hope you both will be able to relax and just remember the good times with her.

    The BOSS is looking great, I'm sure it will be very well-received by him when you finish.

    Even if you weren't the only cp artist in your exhibition, I'm very sure you'd still be getting great feedback and attention on your work. I hope you sell everyone of your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't really say have fun at a funeral, but I hope everyone does remember the good times your mother in law had :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan and Jennifer
    Yep, at nearly 97 years old, she certainly lived through 'interesting times' and we all have lots of memories/stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes as planned for the funeral and I think the slideshow is a lovely touch. As I think is the drawings you are doing of the handsome gentleman. Really stunning and poiniant. (Yes, I know there is spell checker but I just can't be bothered, you will know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This portrait is stunning, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mean you personally printed the hymns and schedules? Here the funeral homes do that. The pictures are always interesting. Hope all goes well, always a difficult time.

    Love the Winco picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Sue Clinker" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-sunday-drive_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This drawing is absolutely flawless, Sue! Congratulations!!!
    And I am so sorry about your Mother in law....Thoughts and prayers going your way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x