Friday 3 April 2015

03/04: HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY ....

I hope everyone is enjoying the Easter weekend so far?    The weather here in Kent is pretty grim with drizzly rain and grey skies so what better to do than sit in a warm room and draw!

This is the second version of the Girl with the Red Hat/Fan ... (title still to be confirmed) and I'm fairly happy with it so far.  As mentioned in a previous post, this version is coloured pencils on white Clairefontaine Pastelmat paper which is really meant for Pastel Artwork but works pretty well with cps.    The white is slightly creamy so I'm hoping it will be OK with the white Mount/Mat which came with the square frame.  If not, I'll just have to get a cream Mount cut of course.

Photographed this morning in reasonable light


and later this afternoon when the light was poor ... I brightened the picture slightly but unfortunately that has made the contrast a little to stark .... will worry about getting a good photo once the drawing is further advanced

I still have the option to add braids, extend length of braids etc but sometimes 'least is best' I think.   I've called a halt today as it has taken an age to get real depth of colour into the red hat/fan and I need a break before starting on her hands (always a difficult subject for me).



So ... off to sort out Dinner now and then a chill-out evening with hubby and ... Guess what!   we seem to have bought one-too-many Easter Eggs for the family.   I'm not a chocolate lover but it would be churlish not to have a small piece at Easter wouldn't it?

5 comments:

  1. It's coming along beautifully, Sue! I think there's nothing better than a little chocolate even with a glass of wine! I even got a bottle of chocolate wine one time & it was good!

    Happy Easter to you and David too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have chocolate Lindt Bunnies. Easter eggs aren't such a big thing here. I used to love some of the eggs we got in England.

    She's looking great - I do envy your talent Sue.

    Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far, hope you have a happy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. grey and foggy here :/

    this is looking very good :) nice vibrant reds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful!! This is looking even more beautiful than the last, Sue. The reds are phenomenal and her profile is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x