Sunday 25 February 2018

New Camera Nikon P900 ... more 'test' photos

Testing the new camera with sunset scenes







and some Moscovy Ducks




and the delightful Barbary Ground Squirrels (known locally as chipmunks).   They are a non-native species so a lot of people frown upon feeding them ... but they are so cute and very gentle.    Who can resist?   They can be found in the hills/rocks in various spots outside the main towns.


I was sitting on a rock and they had no hesitation in clambering onto my lap for special treats of monkey nuts and sunflower seeds.





and a couple of 'moon' shots.    These are hand held with no special equipment and I think the camera has coped pretty well despite not being steadied on a tripod.



I have a nasty cold at the moment so won't be taking the camera out for a few days.     Next Saturday there is a Grand Carnival Procession in Town which is always very colourful/noisy and on Sunday is another procession for the 'burning of the sardine' which ends up on the town beach with fireworks so the camera will really be tested fully then.


7 comments:

  1. Excellent photography Sue. I love every single one of these....especially the sunsets....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss the moon photos. ...gorgeous shots... An amazing camera!!!!! FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moon shots ARE amazing! But all of the photos are just great. It looks to handle both long distance and close ups equally well. I think it's a real winner!

    Can't wait to see the Carnival photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the camera was def a good buy! takes great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jennifer. So far, I'm happy with it. Haven't used it in manual modes yet, just trying out all the pre-set options to see what they do. I don't like to be faffing around changing settings/lenses etc so I think this one will def. suit me better than my old camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots Sue, looks as if will do a fine job especially if you are looking for refs for your art. Lots of great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bev. We're going to Kenya (Safari) in June for my 60th birthday so I wanted to test this one and make the decision about which camera to take. I think as this is marginally smaller/lighter and has a better zoom I'll be taking this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x