Tuesday 28 June 2011

28/06: NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED !

I've been away for far too long and have probably missed lots of wonderful posts but its great to be back.    On doctor's orders I had to severely cut back on computer/keyboard time and drawing at my desk.   Working at an easel was fine for pastel work but for coloured pencil work which takes much longer I prefer to sit/work at my desk (which aggravated the trapped nerve/shoulder problems)

But I feel soooo much better now and have lots of work to catch up on.

Very belatedly, here's a photo of Fluffy sitting next to her portrait - this was kindly sent to me by Fluffy's mum some time ago ..... but better late than never!



Lots of things have happened since my last post - including the annual carnival at our (second)hometown of Corralejo on Fuerteventura which is always an exciting week.  I took lots of photos and will post some tomorrow.   During our trip to Fuerteventura we also visited the Zoo/Botanical Gardens ... we've had a holiday home on the island for 7 years but have never before visited this attraction.  I have mixed feelings about keeping animals in zoos, but must say that I was really impressed with the beautiful surroundings and well thought out enclosures the animals lived in.  I took nearly 600 photos there and have lots of reference pictures on my 'to do' list.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sue!
    Thank you for your kind comment and for your answer on my question! And this picture of the cat with her portrait is fabulous, priceless!

    I tried Fisher 400 and loved it! Did you ever try Velour paper? If yes, what did you think about it?

    And I'm glad you are feeling better now!
    Best regards,
    Branquinha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really captured her - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue Good to see you back! I have also been absent due to health issues so I feel your pain :-) good to see that nothing eve stops us producuing artwork though (its just the computer stuff that gets neglected for me)
    Love the fluffy pusscat and look forward to some new wildlife paintings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!

    Branquinha - I have a 'love/hate' relationship with velour paper. I took a soft pastels/velour course with Vic Bearcroft a couple of years ago and bought lots of velour paper as a consequence. I did use it for a few commissions but although I love the 'soft' look it gives to animal fur, I prefer the sanded papers which allow me to get sharper detail.

    Thanks Kay. I have a few commissions to finish before I can tackle more wildlife pics but, like you, I'm raring to go after an enforced 'go slow' on the art front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant portrait Sue! The colour match is extraordinary, such a beautiful cat too :) I also look forward to seeing future wildlife pieces, Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back Blogging Sue. Missed you.
    Lovely to see your work framed and appreciated.
    Looking forward to seeing your work again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Sue!!!! You have been missed!
    Great likeness on the kitty - looks like you really captured her.
    Like Kay, I'm looking forward to some more of your wildlife paintings but realize the limitations resulting from time and shoulder. At least pop in and let us know how you're doing from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased your are feeling better and getting back to art. Love Fluffy, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks :o)
    Its great to be back. I hope to make time to backtrack and catch up on all the posts I've missed over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see you are back posting :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't Fluffy look fabulous next to his portrait - everything blends in so well. He/She looks super proud sitting there next to your beautiful work Sue!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jennifer and Karen. She is a very regal looking cat isn't she?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x